Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Anyone out there with a magic wand?

If anyone has a magic wand, please wave it over my knee. It has been just about a month since I hurt myself, and frankly, I am not a whole heck of a lot better. I still struggle with stairs, I still have a very limited range of motion, I still have a good deal of transient pain, but mostly, I still can't run. It is making me crazy. I am not a good sick person, and I am a worse injured person. I am going to be a terrible, crotchety, non-compliant little old lady -- I can see that train coming.

I go back to the Uber-Ortho in a few weeks. Right now my knee feels swollen, unstable, and kind of mushy. It locks up at highly inconvenient times. If things aren't appreciably better by the first of November, I am going to ask him to scope me. In the meantime, I am still cycling, still forcing myself to do elliptical training, and I suppose I will soon start swimming. But I had to stop the recumbent bike, because I couldn't get off of it. Literally. My right leg couldn't support my weight while I stepped over the bike with my left leg, but I also couldn't bend my right knee enough to step over with it. So, I was stuck sitting on the bike for 10 minutes trying to figure out how to get off. In a way, it was funny. In a way, it wasn't.

2 comments:

  1. You posted earlier that you thought you may have a torn meniscus. From the symptoms you describe, that's a reasonable diagnosis. Have you had an MRI done on that knee?

    I wish you well. It ain't no fun having a bum knee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had the MRI. I have a partially torn PCL. Not much to to about that, except let it heal and live with a spongy knee. I am glad that I bought a bike, but I hate that I bought a bike. The whole thing is, well, hard.

    -S

    ReplyDelete