Sunday, May 30, 2010

Race recap to come

4:18 and some change. I haven't digested it all enough to blog about it, but I did it. No, I didn't make my pie-in-the-sky fantasy goal, but I totally smoked my realistic goal, and my kinda sorta realistic goal. And I smoked my probably not going to happen goal. I finished hard, I finished fast, and I finished upright. I thought that I finished in about 4:22 or so, but I forgot that I waited for a bit before I stepped into the stream of runners. I am 47 years old, and I haven't done a full marathon in over 4 years, and I still turned in a 4:18. I can live with that. I'll let you know when I quit smiling. Yay me.

1 comment:

  1. Well, shiver me timbers! Four-fuckin'-eighteen!!! You kiddin' me!?! I'd KILL, I swear, to run 26.2 in 4-fuckin'-18!

    Yay you, indeed!!!

    ReplyDelete