Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I felt like Winnie the Pooh and the Very Blustery Day

Today was scheduled to be my mid-week sorta-long run. This run seems to always be the key to my marathon fitness, and it generally is my favorite run of the week. It is long enough to be a little fatiguing, short enough that I recover in a very short amount of time.

I woke up several times during the night, startled by the banging and clanking of shutters and loose stuff, and windchimes playing some crazy staccato tune. That front that everyone was talking about finally made its way here. By the time that I finally made it out to run (after the "get the girls up, drive them to school, obligatory morning talk to mom and visit with the elders at the Y" thing), the temps had dropped, the sun was gone and the wind was wild. 10 miles, in the wind. I fully expected the worst. I did not, however, receive the worst. It was a fun little run with a few stupid spots to it. Like, when I accidentally spit into the wind. Or when the wind blew the drinking fountain water all over my face. Stuff like that. I wasn't warm, but I wasn't absolutely freezing. I did get blown around a little bit, but I didn't get totally stopped in my tracks. I was fairly tired at the end, but not so worn out that I thought twice about jumping onto the treadmill next to a good friend to chat for a bit (she was running, I walked). So, all in all, a good run on a very blustery day.

Total: 10 miles
Total for Week: 17 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment