Friday, March 19, 2010

Oops. I was a bad Mama today.


Or maybe not. We played hooky. I had a HORRIFIC day yesterday -- I came in to work on my day off for 6 hours (which turned into 7 hours) to cover for someone. And then I went to court to yet again confront my ex, this time about a contract to sell the house that he wouldn't sign. 45 minutes turned into 3 hours. I didn't get home until almost 8pm. My son, who came home from college to babysit, kept the small people safe until I got back. We ordered pizza, delivery. We almost never do that -- one of those single mom things. Anyway, I decided that we needed to have a good end to the week. So we played hooky. Kept the girls home from school, we all slept late, I went for a run when College Boy arrived. Nice little run, too. And then, the small people and I went for pedicures. Yep...I took 6 and 8 for their first pedicures. They loved it! How much fun it is to completely pamper your little bundles of estrogen. Kids pick great colors...blue and purple. The nail techs gave everyone a design on our big toenails. Fabulous! I did, however, get chided by the nail tech about the state of my hands, which have been sorely neglected for the past several years. I may have to bite the bullet and get some serial manicures until things shape up. What a terrible thing to be forced to do. Sometimes all it takes is a little bit of fluffing, puffing, and polish to make things better.

No comments:

Post a Comment