Monday, March 15, 2010

Monday morning sweet early miles

I really have got to figure out how to do this more often. I mean run in the EAM. I have forgotten how much I love running in the tranquil, early hours. This is one of the hard parts of single parenthood. I can only run early when small people are with their dad. Actually, I could get up and run every morning, but it would mean leaving an 8 and 6 year old alone in a house before daybreak. I just can't do that, although I know that other people can. I mean, the kids are asleep. But. I just can't do it. I don't have a problem leaving them in the daylight hours, when I can shoo them to their little friends' homes for a bit....but I can't leave them sleeping home alone. I need to look long and hard at how I can run early more often. There just has to be an answer.

Small people were at their dad's house. I woke up a little before insanely early to run. It took me a bit to get going, which is odd for me because I usually wake up, stretch, blink for a minute or two, and then fire on all cylinders -- but I had a slight zyrtec hangover. I had this because I am in the middle of yet another mistake. Maybe not in the middle. Maybe still at the beginning. Or maybe entering the end. But no matter how you slice it, probably still a mistake. Really. This is me. How could it be otherwise? Anyway, got to the Y, noticed that the best treadmills were empty, eschewed the empties and put shoes to asphalt.

The thing about running that early is that you can sneak in a few miles before your body realizes what it is doing. 4 miles really does feel like 2 miles, because the brain doesn't comprehend the first miles. So, I ran just shy of 5 miles. Pre-run, I was crying. Post-run, I was still teary. But mid-run, I was ok. I think that I need to run a little bit more and think a little bit less. I really, really hate it when I cry. I simply have got to figure out how to do more early morning, sunrise-watching running. Anyone want to join me???

Total: 4.5 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment