Saturday, April 3, 2010

18 Miles and Egg Hunts

Eighteen miles this morning. I can't decide if my long runs are giving me confidence, or killing my confidence. One has yet to go well and feel strong, but I have yet not to complete one. I am so slow, but I work so many long hours and run hard in between -- perhaps I will be a bit faster when my legs aren't always tired. Sometimes my repeats feel strong and effortless. Sometimes they are a slog. I am training alone, so I don't have anyone to push me or encourage me when my head opts out of the long run. I just haven't been able to find a running partner here yet. I will keep trying. Someone will turn up eventually.

So, 18 miles this morning. It took about 3 hours, but it included a few healthy walking breaks and some time to stretch my back and hamstrings. After the run, I scooted home, quickly showered and took the tribe for the first of a few egg hunts. We lasted at the Spring Eggstravaganza at the Y for a couple of hours. I was suddenly hungry, so I ate a hot dog. I remember why I hate hot dogs. Slimy, nasty mystery psuedo-food they are. We then went to egg hunt #2, a fund-raiser for my floor's Relay for Life team, of which I am a member. We lasted there less than an hour. All of a sudden, I was hot, tired, a little wobbly, and I needed to go home. Stat. So home we went, and skipped the last egg hunt.

And later that evening, when the sun was descending, the small people and I took a lovely, explore-y walk. Well, I walked. They biked. Light breezes and little girl giggles make the big girl have sweet dreams.

Total: 18 miles
Total for week: 44 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment