Monday, April 5, 2010

A Problem with Blogging

Titles. You have to title these things. Oh, and for your blog to be cool, you have to have pictures and stuff and more stuff...and I don't know how to do that stuff. And the guy that I let myself love and who knew how to do that stuff isn't here anymore. So, I have a plain-Jane blog with no bling. The content is what it is, and I am responsible for it, but the decor, well, it is hard to be responsible for that stuff that is way out of your league. Like when I have to deal with cancer patients. I do hearts. Surgical hearts. You break your heart, the surgeon fixes it, and when you are able to take a few sips of water and can breathe on your own, you come to me. For several days. I fix you. When you leave my care, almost always you are healthier than when you came into my hospital. When you are a cancer patient, or even an orthopedic patient, and you come to my floor because you have an arrhythmia, you move me out of my wheelhouse. And then I am not so good. Chemotherapy isn't something I am versed in. And my knowledge of orthopedics is a little limited. And so I call up the RNs who are experts in those fields, because if I am not the RN who can provide the needed care for my patient, then I will find one who can. I do that for my patients. When I'm in my wheelhouse, I am all good. When I am someplace else, I am not so much, which includes decorating my blog. And coming up with pithy titles. I don't have a lot of resources here, and I realize that my blog is read mostly by me. But, if anyone has "blogging" tips, I am more than appreciative.

I ran after work today. I purposely didn't run before work because I wanted to be up and ready so that I could get the small people up a little early. You see, the shuttle made it's last pre-dawn launch today. I wanted Thing One and Thing Two to see it outside, first-hand. We watched the initial launch on TV, and then ran down the stairs to see the flare in the distance. It was spectacular. We saw those brave folk rise and rise. We saw the boosters disengage. We saw the sparkle that was the shuttle continue on. Little people and Big Person were awestruck. Such bravery, there. And Little People will remember this. Very cool.

Ran 4-5 miles tonight. My allergies are killing me...so allergic to oak pollen (as is the rest of Florida) -- makes it a little hard to run. But, even after a long day at work, and even after starting my run after 8pm, I felt ok. And I saw the shuttle go up this morning.

Total: 4.5 miles

1 comment:

  1. First of all, pictures or no pictures, your blog is far from Plain Jane.

    But... if you want to do pictures, it's quite simple. When you're entering your post, there's a small little icon of a landscape in the top editing bar. When you click on it, it will prompt you to upload a photo. And there you go!

    ReplyDelete