Saturday, April 3, 2010

Good Friday

Friday, April 2.

4 miles on the treadmill, neither easy nor hard. Just miles, clocked because the schedule dictates 4 miles. I feel lighter lately, although I don't think that I am. Perhaps it is because i am a smidge more fit than I was in January. It is harder to lose weight when you're north of 45 years old. Still, I feel that my out of shape self is not as out of.

Total: 4 miles
Total for week: 26 miles.

Good Friday is just about the hardest day of the year for me. I try and I fail to walk with Jesus. But I do try...I try to think about His journey. I try to think about His crucifixion, and thinking about that scares me. The violence. I don't do violence, for ever and ever, amen. But Christ endured that for me. Nails through feet and palms. For me. I have suckage in my life, but nothing like nails through feet and palms. Nothing like being strung up on timbers in the sun and heat. Nothing like that. Nothing like that at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment