Thursday, April 1, 2010

Just counting miles.

10 on the treadmill today. (Again, the Spring Break - Babysitter issue) It started as a slog, but got better once the one decent treadmill opened up. Got easier still when a good friend showed up to share the run (yeah, I did some walking, but I was chatting and visiting and was totally bored with running inside). I have a few to do tomorrow, and then 18 on Saturday early before the plethora of Easter Egg hunts begins. I can't think about that right now...18 miles is too far, too hard, too everything. I wish that I had someone to run it with me. It is hard to run that far alone. I have been reading a friend's blog, and have been trying to incorporate that Zen kind of thinking with what Mr. Appointment Guy had to say. I don't know if I can live fully in the moment yet. Strike that. I know that I can't. I know that if truly focus, I can live in the moment, but if my focus strays, I wander down my well-trod paths -- the ones where I worry and fret. I am really good at worrying and fretting, but apparently those aren't great life skills. Who knew?

Anyway, I ran my sorta-long 10 miles today. I had no major emotional crises. Life just ebbed and flowed as life is wont to do. 10 miles in the bank. I may not be able to run 26.2, but I can run 10.


Total: 10 miles
Total for week: 22 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment