Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Shhh. Dirty Secret.

Monday, April 19

I like running in the rain. I like running in the rain after a long day at work. Running after work (remember, I work 12 (*cough-13-cough*) hour shifts) never means a run longer than a few miles. My legs start out tired, but generally they don't get any more tired than when they started. I always think of running after work as money in the bank....if I can start and finish on about an even keel, well, it is all to the good.

Monday, we had storms come through. Thunder, lightning --July in April. It was just kind of spitting rain when I started, and I started late due to a long, long day and long, long report. I took Pink Shuffle with me, even though she doesn't like the rain. Who knew that it would cease spitting and decide to start a lovely spring downpour? Pink Shuffle had to hide in my pocket. But I kept on, in the rain. Just running. Avoiding deep puddles. (Even if I am soaked to the bone, and my feet are saturated, I hate stepping in puddles to my ankles. Personal quirk) So, 5 miles, nicely tucked in after a long day on my feet. I don't want to run a marathon in the rain, but a few miles, at the cusp of night, when the rain is beating and the wind whipping, well, those few miles make me remember how vibrant I am.

Total: 5 miles
Total for week: 5 miles

1 comment: