Sunday, March 7, 2010

15.5 miles.

My long run for the week, and I lived to tell. Yet another really bad long distance run. At what point do you say "ok, I am a back of the pack runner" when you have always been a mid-pack runner? These long runs are simply killing me.

This run hurt. Lots. As in, it has to get better or I am going to quit. I hate hurting this much. I hate thinking that I totally suck this much. The one and only thing that I have going for me at this point is that little glitter/sparkle thing I have in me. That is the thing that won't let me stop, won't let me quit. I may not do well in this marathon, but by God, I will make the distance. Even if I have to crawl. And I know that because that is what kept me going today...I would have made my distance, even if I had to crawl. Maybe, just maybe, I am a little hard core. Or maybe I am just really stubborn in a quasi-OCD kind of way. We will see.

Total: 15.5 miles
Total for week: 37.5 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment