Sunday, March 21, 2010

Rainy Sunday

It is Sunday. It is raining. And I am not out running. Quelle surprise! I made it through yesterday's run in the cool, sunny, breezy day that makes me love Florida. So, today I don't have to run. Today I can coddle my bruised heart and ego, cuddle in my soft, soft flannel sheets and fluffy comforter and simply read while it rains and rumbles outside. Got Lyle Lovett on my playlist. My pants that were too tight a couple of weeks ago fit much better this morning. It is going to take a while to readjust to the loneliness. I will have to work more, read more, and run more. I know these ropes. One day I just won't be so lonely anymore. My heart will stop aching. But that won't happen today. What WILL happen today is that I will change out of my church clothes, get my book, and tuck myself in. The small people will play in and out of my room. We will rest and listen to the world being watered.

No comments:

Post a Comment