Thursday, March 25, 2010

I skipped my run today

I skipped it my run. Skipped my repeats. Totally blew them off. I had just too much going on to run. 7am, put Miss 8 on the bus. 7:30, leave house with Miss 6 for her little dental appointment with Dr Conscious-sedation-cavity-filling-teeth-extraction man. Smallest of all drank her Demerol-atarax cocktail with little protest (yukky stuff). 1 hour later, she was napping in my lap ("tickle my back, Mama"). By 10 we were post-sealants and into the lidocaine injections, She is my hero. Not a moan, not a groan. She let the dentist know when it was hurting, but she didn't flinch, didn't complain. A couple of fillings and two extractions, and we were home. She did the drunken sailor walk for a while....and drooled her drinks. Most of her Wendy's Frosty went other places than her jammies. She complained of a "fat lip" for a few hours. Tried to talk. HILARIOUS! By 2pm, I convinced her to nap, and nap she did...all that narcotic caught up with all 58lbs of her.

And then, Tim came home. Tim. Soldier-boy. Soldier-boy who hasn't talked to me in almost a year. He came home to look at his car and to decide if he wants to buy it for the cost of a grand, a tow and some repairs. 2005 Tauraus. 78K miles. Cant kill that car. He blames me for not protecting him from John. I can't fault him for that. I didn't do a good job of protecting anyone from John. I couldn't protect myself from John. And when I finally took a stand against John, I didn't protect anyone. I simply up and left and hid. So, he probably has a point. I did the best that I could. Sometimes that isn't enough. I was gracious, tried to be loving. He was distant, but I could see that he wanted me to talk to him. He can only give so much, but it is a start.

So, to recap: in the last week I have been to court to face the Monster, sweated out the acceptance of a contract, received a txt-pic of the guy's truck I was seeing--sent to me in the early morning --in another woman's driveway, dealt with my own psycho-bitch episode, worked some intense shifts while precepting an "old-new" nurse, took my baby girl for fillings and tooth extractions, and finally was able to see my soldier boy.

But, I remembered that the Tooth Fairy needed to come.

Can you blame me for blowing of the repeats today?

No comments:

Post a Comment